* Kresge Foundation awarded $70,000 grant to Ben Massell Dental Clinic, Atlanta, Ga., to build new sustainable “green” clinic, set to open 2008.
* DePaul University Center for Community Research received $3.3 million grant from National Institutes of Health to conduct comparative study of aftercare programs for ex-offenders with history of drug abuse.
* Johnson Publishing Company pledged $2.5 million to create program supporting journalism students at Annenberg School for Communication, University of Southern California.
* Daniels Fund awarded $11.6 million in program funding during third quarter meeting; programs include those serving homeless, aging, disabled persons.
* Villanova University School of Law received $600,000 challenge grant from Kresge Foundation, towards Law School’s capital campaign for new building.
* Build-A-Bear Workshop Bear Hugs Foundation awarded cash grants totaling more than $130,500 to 29 domestic U.S. pet programs; grant funding provided by Bearemy Kennel Pals program.
* Travelers, Travelers Foundation and Travelers Connecticut Foundation provided nearly $7 million to support community nonprofits working in areas of education, arts, culture.
* Georgetown Public Policy Institute’s Center for Public and Nonprofit Leadership announced Pablo Eisenberg Public Interest Fellowship, effort to develop new leaders for public interest organizations.