- Oct. 17: WNC Nonprofit Pathways, WNC Nonprofit Leadership Forum, 4-6:30 p.m., Asheville; register online.
- Oct. 17: Association of Fundraising Professionals, Charlotte Chapter, panel discussion, “Working with Foundation,” 11:15 a.m. – 1 p.m., Crowne Plaza Hotel; register online.
- Oct. 18: Association of Fundraising Professional Triangle Chapter, “The Future of Foundation Giving in North Carolina,” Lunchtime Symposium, 11:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m., Research Triangle Park Radisson Inn; register at least 72 hours in advance by email or call 919.280.4018
- Oct. 19: Research Triangle Area Chapter of American Society for Training and Development, workshop, “Crash and Learn” by Jim Smith, Jr., 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Capital Center Building, Raleigh; information online.
- Oct. 20: Sustainable North Carolina, N.C. Sustainability Awards and Conference, Chapel Hill; registration and details online.
- Oct 24-25: North Carolina Rural Economic Development Center, 2007 Partners Forum, North Raleigh Hilton, N.C; register online.
- Oct. 24-26: N.C. Center for Nonprofits, 2007 Summit for the Nonprofit Sector, Twin City Quarter, Winston-Salem, N.C.; visit website for information.
- Oct. 30: Triangle Community Foundation, “Civic Engagement and Technology: Connecting People, Information and Causes in an Online Era,” 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Council for Entrepreneurial Development, Alexandria Technology Center, Durham. Call 919.474.8370 x127.
- Nov. 15: Association of Fundraising Professionals Triangle Chapter, National Philanthropy Day Celebration, 12-1:30 p.m., Capital City Club, Raleigh; call 919.280.4018 or visit website for information.
- Nov. 16: Benevon, Fundraising seminar “Major Gifts: Finding the perfect donors who love your mission and stay with you for life,” 3-5 p.m., Cumberland County Public Library, Fayetteville; register.
- Dec. 6-7: Grants Information Network and Wake Tech Community College, Grant Writing for Government and Nonprofits Workshop, Western Wake Tech Campus at Millpond Village, Cary.
- Dec. 11: Association of Fundraising Professionals, Charlotte Chapter, audio conference, “Navigating Beyond No: The Nuances of Negotiation for Major and Planned Gifts,” 1-2:30 p.m., Education Room at the Dowd YMCA; register online.