* Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, Va., received gifts totaling $350,000 from “Save America’s Treasures” and Institute of Library and Museum Services to store and re-house archaeological collections.
* MIT Sloan School of Management received $500,000 endowment from Merck Company Foundation in honor of Judy Lewent, former executive vice president and chief financial officer, Merck & Co., who retired after 27 years of service.
* Allstate Foundation awarded total of $500,000 in grants to 10 state domestic violence coalitions in support of economic empowerment services for domestic violence survivors.
* Haas School of Business at University of California Berkeley received $25 million gift from alumnus Gerson Bakar, San Francisco real estate developer, to be used for at least five new faculty positions.
* United Indians of All Tribes Foundation, Seattle, Wash., received $3.5 million grant from Northwest Area Foundation, St. Paul, Minn., for Pathways to Prosperity, holistic community development project addressing determinants of poverty among Native Americans.
* MIT, Cambridge, Mass., received $100 million gift from David H. Koch, Koch Industries executive and MIT alumnus, to bring together MIT scientists and engineers to develop new ways to detect, diagnose, treat, manage cancer.
* Association of Black Cardiologists, Atlanta, awarded laptop computers to 50 Community Health Advocate volunteers; computers contain educational videos to help combat cardiovascular disease in African Americans.
* Children’s Literacy Initiative, Hartford, Conn., received $39,000 grant from CIGNA Foundation for Blueprint for Early Literacy Initiative, which brings program’s literacy professionals to pre-kindergarten classrooms at local schools.
* Detroit Auto Dealers Association Charitable Foundation Fund at Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan awarded grants totaling $350,000 to 12 area charities.