* Jehan Benton, community investment specialist, United Way of Greater Greensboro, named one of 25 resident fellows with United Way of American for 2007-08.
* Moses Cone-Wesley Long Community Health Foundation holding 7th annual dinner Nov. 15, Special Events Center of Greensboro Coliseum; call 336.832.9555 for information.
* Community Blood Center of the Carolinas, Charlotte, holding 3rd annual Puppies for Patients campaign Nov. 1 to Dec. 21; center donating one stuffed-animal puppy for every blood donor to children at area hospitals during holidays.
* Goodwill Industries of Southern Piedmont launched website featuring new design and layout to better serve shoppers and donors and provide information on job training and employment services.
* Mission Healthcare Foundation, Asheville, received over $8.2 million in new gifts, grants, pledges during fiscal 2007.
* 2007 Start! Tanglewood Heart and Stroke Walk, Clemmons, sponsored by Forsyth Cardiac and Vascular Center, attracted 4,000 walkers and raised over $525,000 for heart disease and stroke research and education.
* Henderson County held “Speak Out for Kids,” community engagement event attended by more than 280 residents and more than 100 volunteers.
* High Point Museum received 2007 Gertrude S. Carraway Award of Merit from Historic Preservation Foundation of North Carolina in recognition of rehabilitation of historic Hoggatt House.
* Greg Rowland, president, MindWorks Multimedia, named to board of Urban Ministries of Durham.
* Annual Festival of Trees, Winston-Salem, to be held Nov. 17-18, Education Building, Dixie Classic Fairgrounds, benefiting Brenner Children’s Hospital at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center.
* Omisade Burney-Scott, former project officer, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s Active Living by Design program, named director of constituent relations, Southern Rural Development Initiative, Raleigh.
* November 2007 designated Moses Cone-Wesley Long Community Health Foundation Month by Guilford County Board of Commissioners; Nov. 15 designated Making Good Health Happen Day.
* City of Raleigh presenting Medal of Arts Nov. 14 to: North Carolina Symphony, North Carolina Theatre, gallery owner Rory Parnell, Carolina Ballet lead dancer Melissa Podcasy, Progress Energy and Raleigh Ringers.