In the wake of the vast and deadly wildfires in Southern California last month, foundations and corporations are offering a helping hand.
Below are just a few of the organizations that have offered, cash, products or other forms of assistance to victims and emergency personnel.
* HP donated $2 million to American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund; additional $3 million could be provided through employee giving, matching grants
* California Community Foundation, Los Angeles, matching up to $250,000 in contributions made to its Southern California Wildfire Relief Fund supporting recovery in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, San Diego counties
* Walt Disney Company donating $2 million to relief efforts, including initial $200,000 to American Red Cross
* Boeing Company pledged $1 million to rebuilding efforts
* Roex, anti-aging company, donated more than 5,000 bottles of nutritional supplements to support needs of victims
* Office Depot Foundation donated $15,000 to U.S. Chamber of Commerce Business Civic Leadership Center’s Business Disaster Assistance and Recovery Program recovery efforts
* Safeway Inc. and its Vons division donating $500,000 in cash and $250,000 in products to support local emergency organizations assisting with relief efforts
* Wendy’s company and franchise restaurants in Los Angeles and San Diego offering food donations to emergency workers
* H&R Block and Operation HOPE offering free amended 2006 federal tax returns for victims