GREENSBORO, N.C. — Triad-area fundraisers will hold a luncheon on Nov. 19 in Greensboro to recognize area fundraisers and philanthropists as part of National Philanthropy Day.
The NC Triad Association of Fundraising Professionals will hold it 15th annual awards luncheon from noon to 2 p.m. at the Grandover Resort, with Wanda Starke, news anchor for WXII-TV, serving as emcee.
Larry Wheeler, director of the North Carolina Museum of Art in Raleigh will deliver the keynote address.
Attendance is $40 and reservations are required.
Awards will be presented to the following groups and individuals at the celebration:
* Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation, outstanding foundation
* Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation of North Carolina, outstanding corporate foundation
* Time Warner Cable, outstanding corporation
* Seth and Hazel Macon, outstanding philanthropists
* Jack Bellis, Graham Dozier, Ann Lineweaver and Carroll McCullough recognized for volunteer fundraising
* Helen C. “Copey” Hanes, lifetime achievement award; award also bestowed in memory of J. Gordon Hanes