* The Women’s Center, Raleigh, to receive $15,000 challenge gift from The Steward’s Fund if group can raise additional $45,000 by end of January.
* Wake Teen Medical Services, Raleigh, received $25,000 from Carolina Hurricane’s Kids ‘N Community Foundation for “Be Fit, Get Moving,” program combating obesity in kids ages 10-23.
* Greer Bowen Beaty, account supervisor, French/West/Vaughan, Raleigh, and Kari Howe Stoltz, with general industries group of Bank of America, named to board of Lucy Daniels Center for Early Childhood Development, Cary.
* Children’s Home Society of North Carolina, Greensboro, lunched 79th annual Little Red Stocking fundraising campaign to benefit children seeking foster and adoptive families.
* Brittany, Madison and Hayleigh Carroll collected items needed by homeless and placed in backpacks to be distributed by Greensboro Urban Ministry to 200 homeless people.
* North Raleigh Ministries’ Thrift Shoppe in Pavilion Shopping Center provides donated items for sale with proceeds benefiting North Raleigh residents facing crises.
* Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina, Winston-Salem, presented awards at 2007 annual awards banquet, including Achiever of the Year award to Clarissa Simon and Graduate of the Year to Trina Johnson.
* Alice Aycock Poe Center for Health Education, Raleigh, received $20,000 from Wake Education Partnership for traveling exhibit and program to help parents identify and talk with children about substance abuse and prevention.