* echoDonations.org, online donation processing website and charitable mutual fund, launched to provide cash rewards to donors and charities.
* Islamic Relief launched appeal to raise $6 million to help victims of Cyclone Sidr in Bangladesh; $1 million already allocated to relief efforts.
* California Community Foundation, Los Angeles, released online assessment tool to help local community-based groups affected by recent wildfires apply for funding.
* Steven J. McCormick, former president and CEO, Nature Conservancy, named president and board trustee, Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, San Francisco, effective Jan. 21.
* Teresa Langston, senior program officer for health reform, Public Welfare Foundation, received 2008 Terrance Keenan Leadership Award in Health Philanthropy from Grantmakers in Health for transformative work in health grantmaking.
* Mercy Corps, U.S. Agency for International Development, Wal-Mart and Fundacion AGIL launched Inclusive Market Alliance for Rural Entrepreneurs, three-year effort to alleviate poverty in agriculture-dependent rural communities in Guatemala.
* Blue Cross & Blue Shield of South Carolina hired Eastridge Technology to develop centralized document management system for more than 2,000 users.
* Center for What Works, national benchmarking group, and Urban Institute launched Outcomes Framework and Benchmarking Portal to provide free tools for grantmakers; funded by W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
* FINRA Investor Education Foundation accepting applications for fourth annual general grant program, funding projects supporting mission to provide Americans with knowledge, skills, tools for financial success.
* Nonprofit Finance Fund, New York, released 2006 annual report noting closing of over $20 million in new loans and disbursement of over $25 million.