* Rocio Anderson, former consultant with N.C. Office of Minority Health and Health Disparities, named Latino outreach projects director, North Carolina Healthy Start Foundation, Raleigh.
* Rebecca Atchley of Durham, named director of Go Red For Women Luncheon, American Heart Association.
* Bubel/Aiken Foundation, Raleigh, launched “Wrapping for Inclusion,” nationwide campaign in which volunteers wrap presents for donations, create awareness for kids with special needs; dates, locations vary by city.
* Lillie Sanders, Magnolia, received Nancy Susan Reynolds Award for personal service from Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation, and Susan Hill, Raleigh, honored for advocacy; awards include $5,000 for each recipient and $20,000 to be given to nonprofit of her choice.
* Prudence Bushnell, former ambassador to Kenya and Guatemala, and Patricia Finn, vice president of global public policy at SAS, named to advisory board of Curamericas Global, Raleigh.
* Children’s Home Society celebrated National Adoption Awareness Month by launching video effort featuring videos of children awaiting adoption.
* Lucy Daniels Center for Early Childhood, Cary, was one of 17 organizations receiving total of more than $357,000 from Carolina Hurricanes Kids ‘N Community Foundation; grant to support center’s Family Support Fund.
* Jocelyn Taliaferro, assistant professor in Department of Social Work, N.C. State University, was one of 17 faculty and staff to receive total of $169,666 in seed funds from 2007-08 University Extension, Engagement and Economic Development Grant program.