* TROSA, residential substance-abuse program, Durham, launched six-month campaign to raise $135,000 for women’s residence hall; new and increased donations to be matched by Stewards Fund.
* Ten Thousand Villages, nonprofit fair-trade store representing disadvantaged artisans from 35 countries, donated 15 percent of proceeds from special shopping nights to Habitat for Humanity of Wake County, Wiley Elementary, Conservators’ Center, SPCA of Wake County.
* Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro elected new board members:
- Sue W. Cole, principal, Granville Capital Inc.
- Mona Edwards, vice president, chief of staff and secretary to the Board of Governors, Center for Creative Leadership
- Kathy E. Manning, immigration attorney, Manning and Associates
* Capital Bank, Raleigh, sponsoring WRAL Coats for the Children campaign, which collects coats for distribution by Salvation Army to needy Triangle families.
* North Carolina Museum of Art, Raleigh, received “Askew,” 43-foot tall stainless steel tree designed by artist Roxy Paine, from Daniels family of Raleigh in honor of former board chair Julia Jones Daniels.
* Jennifer Weber, Seattle fundraiser, named vice president of development, Global Fund for Women, San Francisco.