* New Concepts Disabled Children’s Foundation, Bergen County, N.J., received $2,985 donation from proceeds of products sold by L&S Packing Company sold in Inserra ShopRite and select ShopRite stores.
* National Alliance for Public Charter Schools received $5.5 million from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, $3.4 million from Doris & Donald Fisher Fund, $2.1 million from Walton Family Foundation to build infrastructure supporting charter schools.
* Lance Armstrong Foundation, Austin, awarded total of more than $1.5 million in grants to support cancer survivorship across country.
* Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America donated more than 1,000 certified asthma and allergy friendly toys to medical centers across country in recognition of World Allergy Day, Dec. 4.
* Almost 100 children of U.S. troops killed around globe will receive $100 gift cards for holiday from Operation Ensuring Christmas during 2007 season.
* Women’s Health Foundation, Chicago, received grants for programs in women’s pelvic health and fitness: $25,000 from Community Memorial Foundation; $24,000 from Retirement Research Foundation; $18,000 from Pfizer.
* City Year New York, group building democracy through citizen service, received three-year, $318,000 grant from New York Life Foundation to support Team Sponsorship Program at P.S. 154 in Hunts Point section of South Bronx.
* Conservation International received $300,000 grant from United Technologies Corporation to restore forests in Mountains of Southwest China, bringing company’s total investment to $500,000.
* Qwest, telecommunications provider, donated $50 to Guadalupe Schools for every home run by Pacific Coast League Salt Lake Bees during regular season; donation totaled $6,400.
* Bush Foundation, St. Paul, Minn., awarded 59 grants totaling $12,514,907.