* Public Radio International received three-year, $5 million grant from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to lead effort to produce and distribute global health and development content.
* DePaul University received gifts and grants:
- More than $105,000 from Clifford Law Offices for annual Clifford Symposium
- $10,000 from Plank Center for Leadership in Public Relations for study on public relations leaders
- Four-year $123,500 grant from Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities to create Special Education Advisory Clinic at College of Law
* Rockefeller Foundation awarded total of $2.6 million in grants to 16 organizations from its New York City Cultural Innovation Fund.
* New Destiny Housing Corporation, New York, received three-year $256,000 grant from The Oak Foundation to launch Project Safe Home, effort to increase permanent housing for low-income victims of domestic violence.
* United Way of the Midlands received $100,000 from Aflac for Von Maur Victims Fund, created to assist victims of Dec. 5 shootings at Westroads Mall, Omaha.
* San Francisco and Alameda County Community Food Banks received $40,000 each from JetBlue, fulfilling pledge to donate portion of flight sales from May 3 to June 3.
* City of Hope cancer center, Duarte, Calif., received $20 million gift from Leslie and Susan Gonda (Goldschmied) Foundation for construction of four-story addition to Diabetes and Genetic Research Center bearing donors’ name.
* California Endowment, Los Angeles, awarded total of $750,000 in relief for people from impoverished communities affected by Southern California wildfires.
* Endeavor, nonprofit supporting emerging-market entrepreneurs, received $100,000 Force for Change Award from salesforce.com to support charity’s work.
* McGregor Foundation, East Cleveland, Ohio, awarded total of $584,700 during fall grant cycle to groups supporting seniors and their caregivers.
* Rasmuson Foundation, Anchorage, awarded total of $7.7 million to 15 nonprofits in Alaska, and $4.2 million for four special projects.
* Catalyst Fund at Tides Foundation awarded $800,000 in matching grants to eight public foundations to support reproductive justice work by women of color.
* New York Public Library for the Performing Arts received two-year $1 million grant from Doris Duke Charitable Foundation to support preservation of performing works and oral histories through audio and visual documentation.
* Birch Aquarium at Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California at San Diego, received $750,000 challenge grant from Conrad N. Hilton Foundation for educational program “Feeling the Heat: The Climate Challenge.”
* Indiana University-Kenya Partnership received $1 million from Donald E. Brown, CEO, Interactive Intelligence, to further work in prevention, treatments of HIV/AIDS.
* In December, 1,591 Target Stories are donating over 4,500 decorated holiday trees to 1,300 local United Ways throughout U.S. that will deliver the trees to families in need and to partner agencies that care for children.
* Corporation for National Community Service awarded Goodwill Industries International $441,000 to administer multi-state program to build corps of volunteers to support organization’s family-strengthening programs.
* Anonymous donor gave $1 million to Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation in honor of Erin Daniels and Leisha Hailey, two stars of Showtime series “The L Word.”
* Qwest Foundation contributed $5,000 to El Centro de la Raza, Seattle.