DURHAM, N.C. — The Triangle Community Foundation has named 17 local nonprofits to receive grants from the fall cycle of its Community Grantmaking Program.
With an average gift size of $10,300, the awards are intended to bolster civic engagement and youth leadership and development in Wake, Durham and Orange counties.
The latest grants bring to more than $500,000 the amount awarded in 2007 through the program.
Grants for civic engagement activities were awarded to:
* Democracy North Carolina
* N.C. Rural Communities Assistance Project
* People of Faith Against the Death Penalty
* Triangle Lost Generation Taskforce
* Preservation Durham
* Carolina Farm Stewardship Association
* Equality NC Foundation
Youth leadership and development grants were awarded to:
* Durham PROUD Program
* Communities in Schools of Durham County
* Volunteers for Youth
* Loaves and Fishes Ministry
* Read and Feed
* Deep River Meditation
* Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic
* Learning Assistance
* Bushido Judo School