* Elton John AIDS Foundation received and matched $25,000 challenge gift from Trump Entertainment Resorts, Atlantic City.
* Rady School of Management at University of California, San Diego, received $5 million gift from Ernest Rady and Rady Family Foundation to construct Phase II of Rady School campus.
* Winn-Dixie Foundation donated $1,050,000 to 39 nonprofits and community groups in Southeast; Winn-Dixie stores donated $75,000 worth of food to food banks in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Jacksonville.
* Partnership of Indiana University School of Medicine and Moi University School of Medicine, Eldoret, Kenya, received $100,000 grant from UPS Foundation to support Family Preservation Initiative serving HIV patients.
* Music icon Lloyd Price, owner of Lloyd Price Icon Foods Brands, pledged total of $15 million to be divided equally among Kenner, Louisiana, Lawdy Miss Clawdy Katrina project and Southern University of New Orleans.
* TechSoup, technology assistance provider for nonprofits, received grant from United Way of Bay Area, San Francisco, to help Bay Area nonprofits strengthen technology infrastructure.
* Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan, Detroit, awarded total of $7.5 million in grants to nonprofits working to improve quality of life in seven-county region.
* St. David’s Community Health Foundation, Austin, awarded total of almost $4.8 million to 35 local nonprofits providing access to health care, education and support for Central Texans.
* Fund for Wisconsin Scholars, Madison, Wisc., received $175 million founding gift from John P. and Tashia F. Morgridge to create endowment to provide grants for low-income graduates of state’s public schools to attend public post-secondary school in state.
* Daniels Fund, Denver, awarded Daniels Opportunity Scholarships, totaling $1.2 million, to colleges and universities in four-state region to support nontraditional students.
* Junior Achievement of New York received $10,000 grant from New York Life Foundation to support after-school financial literacy efforts for New York City students.
* William and Flora Hewlett Foundation awarded grants totaling $152.1 million to 229 nonprofit groups, bringing 2007 grants to $480.6 million.
* Indiana University School of Medicine received $1 million grant from Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Foundation, Indianapolis, to support comprehensive medical simulation center at Fairbanks Hall – Indiana University Clarian Education and Resource Center.
* James Irvine Foundation, San Francisco, awarded 25 grants totaling more than $12.7 million to nonprofits to expand opportunity for people of California.
* Verizon Foundation awarded total of almost $240,000 to 29 Delaware nonprofits in 2007.
* Twelve teachers at 10 North Dakota schools received total of $25,000 in grants from Qwest Foundation to bring technology-related projects to classrooms.