A new online tool for grantmakers, donors and advocates is taking aim at social injustice and racial inequality.
Created by Effective Communities, a Minneapolis project working to increase nonprofit effectiveness, http://www.justphilanthropy.org/ summarizes findings gleaned from conversations with more than 100 philanthropic groups.
The hands-on tool is designed to provide organizations with an understanding of how to carry out their missions while keeping an eye on social justice and fairness.
Information on the site is organized into six “pathways to progress” that highlight practices that can make an impact on racial equity and social justice:
* Preparing the organization
* Discussing social justice and racial equity safely
* Crafting and advancing solutions
* Strengthening relationships, networks and leadership
* Increasing philanthropic resources – time, talent and treasure
* Reducing barriers and changing conditions
The site is funded by the Ford Foundation.