* Eli Jordfald, former vice president of development, Exploris Museum in Raleigh, named senior major gifts director, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center at UNC Chapel Hill School of Medicine.
* Shannon Williams, former associate vice president for development, YMCA of the Triangle, joined staff of Armstrong McGuire Philanthropic Advisory Group, Raleigh.
* Medge Owen, obstetrical anesthesiologist at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, chosen as one of five national finalists by Cookie magazine for “people’s choice” Smart Cookie Award recognizing mothers who make a difference for women, children.
* Janet P. Wheeler, retired vice president of R.J. Reynolds, named to Winston-Salem Foundation Committee.
* Nichole Lu Maye, hair stylist with Moxie Salon, Raleigh, participated in “The Luxury Living Show – Mercedes, Fashion & Furniture,” Charlotte, with proceeds benefiting Charlotte Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation.
* United Family Services, Charlotte, launched annual “Art With Heart” auction, Jan. 9-25, benefiting anti-domestic violence programs and services; includes 16-day public preview of donated art work, gala.
* Diana Corbett, president, Wilmington Civitan Club, named development officer for major gifts at Cameron Art Museum, Wilmington.
* Raquel Lynch, director of operations and programs at Charlotte’s Latin American Coalition, named director of information technology, advocacy, and special projects at Crisis Assistance Ministry, Charlotte.
* Enuma Okoro, former director of Center for Theological Writing at Duke University Divinity School, named director of communications at Methodist Home for Children, Raleigh.
* Child Care Services Association, Chapel Hill, accepting nominations for 8th Annual Triangle Child Care Awards; deadline Jan. 18, 5 pm.
* Interact Board Member Carolyn Smith and former NFL Patriots Player Antwan Harris to host evening out with Interact, sexual assault services group, Jan. 15, 6-8:30 p.m., Zydeco Downtown, Raleigh.
* Child Advocacy Center, Fayetteville, hosting 8th Annual Evening with the Stars, Feb. 24, Cameo Art House Theatre; includes red carpet entry, participants invited to dress as character from favorite movie.