* Bernard Osher Foundation awarded University of California, San Diego, $1 million endowment gift to expand outreach and lecture programs at U.C. San Diego Extension’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute serving seniors.
* California State at Fullerton received $30 million dollar gift from Steven G. Mihaylo, alumnus and retired CEO of Intel-Tel Inc., for College of Business, Economics.
* Qwest Foundation awarded $10,000 grant to Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Library System for program providing early literacy skills to low-income students, Alburquerque, N.M.
* Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation, Columbus, Ohio, awarded series of grants focusing on agricultural education, ecological or economic development to launch new 2008 program year.
* Gammill Quilting Systems, West Plains, Mo., donated $26,400 to National Breast Cancer Foundation in 2007.
* Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Investor Education Foundation and American Library Association, Washington, D.C., announced 13 grants totaling more than $853,000 to public libraries and library networks across country for greater access to investing information and resources.
* Comerica Bank and Comerica Charitable Foundation, Detroit, gave more than $8.6 million in charitable gifts during 2007.
* Nonprofit Finance Fund Child Care Initiative received $1.2 million grant from William Penn Foundation, Philadelphia, and $250,000 from Wachovia Regional Community Development Corporation.
* American Bird Conservancy, Washington, D.C., received a three-year $1.56 million grant from Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation to conserve important sites for endangered birds from Andes to Amazon region, South America.
* Elton John AIDS Foundations, New York, announced third round of grants for 2007, totaling $855,500, bringing total 2007 grants to $6,530,714.
* KaBOOM!, national non-profit promoting play, gave total of $100,000 in grants to various cities during online awards show.
* Twenty-five students each received $3,500 scholarships from Pennsylvania Farm Show Scholarship Foundation during 2008 Pennsylvania Farm Show in Harrisburg, Pa.
* Philip and Janice Levin Foundation awarded additional $100,000 over 10 years to First Command Educational Foundation, expanding recent $10,000 donation.
* Qwest Foundation donated more than $5,000 to Scottish Rite Foundation of Wyoming’s RiteCare program providing free speech therapy for children.
* Aurora Organic Dairy Foundation’s awarded grant of more than $320,000 to fund research partnership with Center for Sustainable Systems at University of Michigan’s School of Natural Resources and Environment.
* Third phase of $15 million grant from W.W. Caruth, Jr. Foundation, in collaboration with Communities Foundation of Texas and Dallas Police Department, to fund Dallas police institute system located at University of North Texas Dallas campus.
* Healthcare Georgia Foundation, Atlanta, ended sixth year of grants by awarding total of more than $2.3 million to 29 organizations, programs.
* Carnegie Endowment for International Peace received $3 million from Carnegie Corporation of New York for Carnegie China Program in Washington, Beijing; program focuses on climate change and policy.
* Qwest Foundation awarded $5,000 grant to Belen Consolidated Schools, N.M., to fund reading intervention program.
* Qwest Foundation and Wyoming Department of Education to award $25,000 in grants to Wyoming teachers who incorporate technology- related projects.
* Arizona State University Art Museum received $1.4 million bequest from painter Wilhelmine Prinzen, who died in late 2007.
* Doris Duke Charitable Foundation to donate $1.1 million annually through 2010 to Multi-Arts Production Fund, New York.
* Make-A-Wish Foundation of Illinois received largest corporate donation in chapter’s recorded history from GATX Corporation, premier rail leasing company, Chicago, Ill.
* Alcoa Foundation awarded $200,000 grant to South Carolina Nature Conservancy to start multi-year oyster restoration program.
* New York Life Foundation awarded Child Welfare League of America, New York, three-year $748,000 grant to fund expansion of Fostering Healthy Connections program to eight agencies.
* Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Investor Education Foundation and American Library Association announced 13 grants, totaling $853,000, awarded to public libraries, library networks across the country as part of new program, “Smart Investing @ Your Library.”