* United Family Services, Charlotte, launched annual “Art With Heart” auction, Jan. 9-25, benefiting anti-domestic violence programs and services; includes 16-day public preview of donated art work, gala.
* Diana Corbett, president, Wilmington Civitan Club, named development officer for major gifts at Cameron Art Museum, Wilmington.
* Muscular Dystrophy Association named 2008 Gala Committee members:
- Ron Keever, First Charter
- Carl F. Pridgen, Office of Charter Schools
- Luke Laborde, Willis of North Carolina
- Chris Johnson, 84 Lumber
- Jay Kimple, Information Investment Solutions
* Carolina for Kibera, program promoting ethnic cooperation and education for young leaders, Nairobi, Kenya, closed office and clinic since Dec. 27 election; operating short-term feeding program out of youth center.
* Raquel Lynch, director of operations and programs at Charlotte’s Latin American Coalition, named director of information technology, advocacy, and special projects at Crisis Assistance Ministry, Charlotte.
* Forsyth Humane Society to kick-off annual fundraising “Art Unleashed” public art exhibilition Jan. 17, Stevens Center, Winston-Salem.
* Participants in Greensboro’s Friendly Center “Share the Blessings” drive donated more than 750 toys for U.S. Marine Corp’s Toys for Tots Foundation and Mary’s House; collected 1,795 pounds of canned goods, toiletries, donated more than $200 to Greensboro Urban Ministry.
* Paul Wiles, president and CEO of Novant Health, appointed chairman of Winston-Salem Foundation Committee for 2008; other officers appointed: Harold Martin, vice chair; John Burress, treasurer; Greg Cox, secretary.
* Janet P. Wheeler, retired vice president of R.J. Reynolds, named to Winston-Salem Foundation Committee for 2008.
* Urban League of Central Carolinas will honor emerging Charlotte leaders during awards concert, Feb. 2, Charlotte.
* Enuma Okoro, former director of Center for Theological Writing at Duke University Divinity School, named director of communications at Methodist Home for Children, Raleigh.
* Fund for Democratic Communities seeking applications for grants totaling $20,000 to be awarded in spring; funding guidelines online.
* Child Care Services Association, Chapel Hill, accepting nominations for 8th Annual Triangle Child Care Awards; deadline Jan. 18, 5 pm.
* Interact Board Member Carolyn Smith and former NFL Patriots Player Antwan Harris to host evening out with Interact, sexual assault services group, Jan. 15, 6-8:30 p.m., Zydeco Downtown, Raleigh.
* Child Advocacy Center, Fayetteville, hosting 8th Annual Evening with the Stars, Feb. 24, Cameo Art House Theatre; includes red carpet entry, participants invited to dress as character from favorite movie.
* Shannon Williams, former associate vice president for development, YMCA of the Triangle, joined staff of Armstrong McGuire Philanthropic Advisory Group, Raleigh.