* UnitedHealthCare and DAISY Foundation presenting DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses to Carolinas Medical Center’s Mercy School of Nursing, Charlotte.
* Prue Meehan, philanthropist, joins New Voice Foundation,
Chapel Hill, as incoming chair for 2008; Susan Parry, Wake County Public Schools Board of Education and Ginger Weddle, civic & community development activist, named to board.
* Cameron Art Museum’s Minnie Evans Study Center, Wilmington, received $5,000 grant from Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation.
* Allison Brashear, Wake Forest Physicians, elected to board of directors of Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem.
* March of Dimes sponsoring March for Babies walkathons throughout North Carolina during 2008, primarily during spring; visit website for dates, locations.
* Eastwood Homes, Charlotte, to donate a percentage of revenue for every house sold to Carolinas HealthCare System, Levine Children’s Hospital; total commitment of $500,000 for 10 years.
* NewBridge Bank, Greensboro, launched NewBridge Bank Teacher Recognition Award to reward outstanding public-school teachers in Piedmont Triad; teachers each receive $1,000 cash reward.
- Feb. 5: NCGives’ Celebrating Stories, film premiere for Black History Month, to be held Feb. 5, 6:30-8:30p.m., North Carolina Association of Educators Building, Raleigh; register online.
- March 20: NCGives, Collective Giving Forum, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Cornelius, N.C.; email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- May 22: NCGives, Collective Giving Forum, 9 a.m., Asheville; email email@example.com for information.