* Old Salem, Winston-Salem, received $15,000 grant from James G. Hanes Memorial Fund to renovate Winkler Bakery.
* United Arts Council of Greater Greensboro awarded supplemental grant funding totaling $25,080 to 13 nonprofits promoting arts or art form; awarded total of $8,987 five schools through Teacher Art Grants program.
* Greenhouse Design, High Point, provided drapery fabric and trim to Women’s Resource Center conference facility in Hickory for as part of effort to revamp historic building.
* Belk Foundation awarded $15,000 grant to North Carolina Outward Bound School, Charlotte, to support school’s Unity Project.
* Duke University trustee Bruce Karsh and wife Martha donated $20 million to Duke University to support undergraduate students from other countries.