* Alliance for Children and Families, Milwaukee, awarded a total of $75,000 in grants to 25 nonprofit human service providers; each agency received $3,000 mini-grant.
* Penelope and George Nicholas donated $500,000 to establish Nicholas Family Endowed Chair in Modern Greek History in department of history, University of California San Diego.
* Abercrombie and Fitch, Ohio-based retailer, gave $10 million gift to Ohio State University to support research and patient care in inflammatory bowel/digestive diseases at Ohio State University Medical Center.
* Deluxe Corporation Foundation, St. Paul, Minn., awarded five-year $610,000 grant to University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management to support construction of Herbert M. Hanson Jr. Hall and Entrepreneur Intern Program.
* CVS Caremark Charitable Trust, Woonsocket, R.I., awarded about $5.5 million in grants through 2007 annual grants program.
* Qwest Foundation, Phoenix, donated more than $741,000 to various causes; employees, retirees donated more than 80,555 hours.
* California Endowment awarded $60,550 grant to Fresno West Coalition for Economic Development, Fresno, Calif., to help eliminate health disparities.
* Texas Instruments Foundation, Dallas, awarded three-year $332,400 grant to University of Texas at Dallas to create TI Science and Technology Innovation Fund.
* Kelly Brush Foundation, South Burlington, Vt., awarded total of $35,000 in grants to various ski clubs across the country to improve ski racing safety, prevent spinal cord injury.
* Paul E. Berger, CEO and chairman, NightHawk Radiology Services, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, donated $1.5 million to Research and Education Foundation of Radiological Society of North American to endow Derek Harwood-Nash Scholar program.
* Volunteers of America – Everett Food Bank, Washington State, received $10,000 donation from UnitedHealthcare to feed hungry in Snohomish County.
* Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital received $2.5 million donation from SAGE software company to support rebuilding of hospital.