COMPLETE RULES AND DETAILS
- COMMENCEMENT: The Philanthropy Journal photo contest begins Monday, July 14, 2008 and ends Monday, August 4, 2008.
- HOW TO PLAY: Each individual must email an electronic photograph to email@example.com. The electronic file must be in GIF or JPG format sized at 350 x 263 pixels landscape or 263 x 350 pixels portrait. The photo filename should contain the name of the organization. The email must also include the following information: entrant’s name and email address; nonprofit’s name, city and state; and a maximum 40-word description of the photograph and/or nonprofit. Only one entry per individual will be accepted.
The deadline for entries is August 4, 2008. The Philanthropy Journal staff will publish selected photographs beginning August 2008. The Philanthropy Journal staff will select one winner based on the photograph’s ability to capture the work of the nonprofit. The winning photograph will be announced and prominently featured on the Philanthropy Journal website beginning August 11, 2008.
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: A prize will be issued in the form of a $200 check made payable to the nonprofit organization designated by the winner on the entry form. The winner will be mailed the check and will be solely responsible for delivering the check to the nonprofit organization.
- ELIGIBILITY: All entrants must be 18 years of age or older to enter. All entrants must be currently subscribed to at least one of the Philanthropy Journal’s free email newsletters. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- LIABILITY: Philanthropy Journal is not responsible for technical difficulties, which may prohibit the transmission of electronic submission of entries. Philanthropy Journal is not responsible for late, lost, undeliverable email, or for publishing errors in the contest materials or these rules.
- CONSENT: By submitting an entry, the entrant shall be deemed to have consented to the use of his/her name and of the photograph by Philanthropy Journal in any manner Philanthropy Journal may determine, including the posting of the photograph and the name of the winner on website(s).
- The winner shall be responsible for the payment of any applicable taxes.
Philanthropy Journal reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any photographs deemed inappropriate or to disqualify any entry for failure to completely provide the information that is requested.
All decisions are made by the management of Philanthropy Journal and are final. Philanthropy Journal reserves the right to temporarily postpone or discontinue the photo contest.