DURHAM, N.C. – GlaxoSmithKline awarded $40,000 each to nine Triangle-area nonprofits as part of its first-annual IMPACT Awards.
The awards honor local groups that work to broaden access to health care Durham, Wake, Orange and Chatham counties.
Duncan Learmouth, senior vice president of global communications for the pharmaceutical company, presented the awards at a ceremony in Durham on Dec. 10.
The winners for 2009 are:
- Alliance Medical Ministry
- The Alliance of AIDS Services – Carolina
- Diabetes Management Solutions
- Family Violence & Rape Crisis Services
- Lucy Daniels Center for Early Childhood
- National Society to Prevent Blindness-North Carolina Affiliate
- Threshold Inc.
- Urban Ministries of Wake County
- Wake Teen Medical Services