PJ staff report
J. Edmund McGee of Stokes County and Anita Ogburn of Forsyth County have been named “Outstanding Fundraising Professionals” by the NC-Triad Chapter the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
The pair received the award on Nov. 22 at the chapter’s National Philanthropy Day luncheon at the Grandover Resort.
Other awards and recipients include:
- Outstanding Philanthropic Foundation – Ben and Lemma Apple Foundation, Stokes County; Wachovia/Wells Fargo Foundation, Forsyth County; McMichael Foundation, Rockingham County; and Louise Lewis-Foster Foundation, Guilford County.
- Outstanding Philanthropic Youth -Tyler Perkins, Guilford County, and Stephen Doughton Jr., Forsyth County.
- Outstanding Philanthropic Youth Group – Zeta Lambda Chapter of Chi Omega, Wake Forest University.
- Outstanding Philanthropic Individuals – Sarah and Jack Warmath, Guilford County; Tog Newman, Forsyth County; Richard and Judy Childress, Davidson County.
- Outstanding Fundraising Volunteers — David and Pam Sprinkle, Guilford County, and Tommy and Pam Hickman, Forsyth County.
- Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation – Reynolds American, Forsyth County; WellSpring, Guilford County.
- Outstanding Philanthropic Triad Civic Organization — Rotary Club of Kernersville.
- Lifetime Achievement Professional Fundraisers – William “Bill” Hinman.
- Lifetime Achievement Volunteer Fundraiser – Paul Fulton.
- Lifetime Achievement Philanthropists – Stanley and Doris Tanger.
- Outstanding Philanthropic Initiative – WXII’s Triad Flight of Honor and Jeff Sims, flight director.