RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. – An executive from Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina has been tapped to lead the Women’s Leadership Council of United Way of the Greater Triangle.
Lisa Cade, vice president of federal programs for Blue Cross will serve as the 2011chair of the council’s leadership committee. Sandra Birkhead, director of strategy and logistics at GlaxoSmithKline has been named vice chair.
The Women’s Leadership Council, formed in 2003, is made up of Triangle-area women who each donate at least $1,200 a year to United Way to help improve the lives of local girls ages 11 to 15.
In addition to investing in organizations that work with young teen girls, the council aims to raise awareness of the issues and challenges facing middle-school girls.
Other members of the leadership committee for 2011 are:
- Emily H. Andrews, founding chair
- Jacqueline Applegate, BayerCrop Science
- Erika Braun, Golden Corral Corporation
- Mariela Cabaleiro, First Citizens Bank
- Tara Fikes, Orange County Housing Development
- Lisa Gilliland, RTI International
- Darlene Goldbach, Crescent State Bank
- Gayle Harris, Durham County Health Department
- Christina Holloway, Redwoods Group
- Pat Kramer, Duke Raleigh Hospital
- Anitra N. Manning, YWCA of the Greater Triangle
- Jeanene R. Martin, WakeMed Health & Hospitals
- Linda Perry
- Bernadette Spong, Rex Healthcare
- Marqueta Welton, Durham County Government